Director of Solar Field Operations
Do you have extensive construction experience and a strong background in residential and small commercial solar PV installations? Do you want to join an exciting, young company that has carved out a unique market niche in the fast growing solar industry?
Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD), the market leader in solar PV integration with the roofing industry, has an immediate full-time opportunity for a Director of Solar Field Operations. This individual will be a dynamic, roll-up-your-sleeves and “get-stuff-done” technical leader that will enjoy promoting best-in-class solar installation practices and serving as the technical expert for SRD’s large network of installation partners. This position is perfect for an ambitious, self-motivated, and results-oriented construction professional with a strong background in solar installations – at both the hands-on and supervision level. The Director of Solar Field Operations will work closely with Solar Roof Dynamics’ internal team and will support the company’s growth and national expansion.
In addition to hands-on solar PV experience, the successful candidate will boast skills in all aspects of PV construction, including project management, reading blueprints, and electrical troubleshooting. This individual will ideally have broad experience with single phase and three phase electrical systems, and familiarity with various mounting methods including steep slope roofs, low slope roofs, and ground mounted systems.
- Be the “go to” person for technical inquires from SRD’s network of contractor partners.
- Develop and oversee QA program.
- Manage technical aspects of relationships with all industry suppliers.
- Create budgets for residential and commercial projects; provide guidance to contractor partners on materials, timeline, and installation best practices for projects.
- Liaise with the Sales and Project Management teams daily.
- Oversee SRD’s Engineering and Design teams.
- Stay on top of solar industry product and technology trends.
- Manage SRD’s portfolio of recommended solar equipment.
- Manage the company’s safety program.
- Lead SRD’s field training to educate and promote best practices:
- PV Site Surveys.
- PV Installations.
- Travel up to 50%
- Proven leadership skills and field operations management experience.
- 2 to 5 years experience as an electrician.
- 1 to 5 years experience in solar – both residential and commercial.
- General construction experience.
- Journeyman Electrician or trainee.
- 2 to 5 years project management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with direct customer contact experience.
- Integrity, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, and excellent organizational skills.
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, results-oriented.
- Comfortable working within the ambiguity and excitement of a start-up company.
- High school graduate required; bachelor’s degree preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to Jobs@SolarRoofDynamics.com.
About Solar Roof Dynamics
Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD) boasts one of the most unique business models in the solar industry. As a value-added solar distribution company focused on leveraging the infrastructure of the roofing industry, SRD is carving out its leadership role as the go-to solar solutions provider for roofing contractors nationwide. Based in Davis, California, SRD enables roofing contractors to quickly integrate solar into their business operations, thereby offering homeowners the protection and cost savings of an integrated roof and solar system. For more information, please visit www.SolarRoofDynamics.com.
Solar Roof Dynamics is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, full medical and dental benefits, 401(k) savings plan, paid holidays, vacation time, continued training and advancement opportunities.