The Vice President of Sales is responsible for the overall vision, strategy, leadership, and execution of the sales and account management functions within Solar Roof Dynamics. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Vice President of Sales will be a key member of the executive team and will be responsible for building out, developing, and managing the sales organization. This individual will be expected to take a hands-on, fully-involved approach in the field, being an integral influencer with the company’s partners as well as at a higher level within the roofing and solar industries. The Vice President of Sales will also integrate market feedback to ensure on-going sales activities are optimized around market needs and opportunities, and will be responsible for forecasting and achieving sales targets. He/she will also be responsible for developing and ensuring departmental structure as well as streamlined/optimized processes & procedures in a fast-growing, dynamic marketplace. The successful candidate will feel comfortable rolling up his/her sleeves and individually contributing to sales results as needed with company’s partners while managing the sales and account management teams. Finally, the Vice President of Sales will lead, coach and mentor sales and account management team members to ensure cohesive, productive and accomplished teams that are operating at a high level while delivering exceptional results.
- Responsible for all aspects of the sales function. Inspire and lead the sales organization to achieve the company’s top-line and bottom-line goals.
- Responsible for managing, planning, and execution of a universally understood and adopted revenue plan which ensures company financial objectives are met or surpassed.
- Hire, inspire, and develop a first-class sales organization made up of both inside and outside sales professionals.
- In partnership with the CEO and other key stakeholders, develop strategies and vision for the company that maximizes short and long term sales objectives.
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual sales budgets, expenses, and forecasting.
- Identify new opportunities to grow business and increase sales.
- Define and coordinate sales training programs that enable the sales team and company’s partners to maximize their revenue potential.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales teams to achieve their sales targets while supporting company’s operating budget.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure high customer satisfaction levels.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team.
- Establish and implement necessary infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function.
- Define optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure success across the entire sales organization.
Travel regionally and nationally, up to 75% (e.g. customer visits, events, meetings, training, tradeshows, etc.)
- 10+ years of sales experience with at least 5 years in progressive sales leadership roles.
- 5+ years of solar industry sales experience, preferably within the residential and small commercial market segments.
- Extensive B2C/in-home sales experience.
- Knowledge about and/or previous roofing sales or management experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, results-oriented.
- Comfortable working within the ambiguity and excitement of a start-up company.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and networking skills.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced and seasoned public speaker.
- Expertise in selling strategies and methodologies, strategic planning and execution, and employee motivation techniques.
- Sales expert who can drive sales opportunities to win and close deals.
- Credible and impactful leader with proven ability to develop teams.
- A proven track record of performance excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to Jobs@SolarRoofDynamics.com.
About Solar Roof Dynamics
Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD) boasts one of the most unique business models in the solar industry. As a value-added solar distribution company focused on leveraging the infrastructure of the roofing industry, SRD is carving out its leadership role as the go-to solar solutions provider for roofing contractors nationwide. Based in Davis, California, SRD enables roofing contractors to quickly integrate solar into their business operations, thereby offering homeowners the protection and cost savings of an integrated roof and solar system. For more information, please visit www.SolarRoofDynamics.com.
Solar Roof Dynamics is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefit package.