Position: Solar Roofing Inside Sales Executive
Are you a great salesperson wanting to make a difference? Do you have solar or in-home sales experience? Do you want to join an exciting, young company that has carved out a unique market niche in the fast-growing solar industry?
Solar Roof Dynamics, an innovative distribution company that is bringing solar into the roofing industry, has immediate full-time opportunities for dynamic Inside Sales Executives in Davis, California. This position is perfect for ambitious, self-motivated, and results-oriented sales professionals with solar or in-home sales experience. The Inside Sales Executive will sell solar electric systems over the phone and internet, and will work closely with the Solar Roof Dynamics’ team to support the company’s growth and expansion throughout the United States. For those with strong roofing or other in-home sales background, but don’t have solar experience, training will be provided.
Integrity, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to multi-task, and a high level of initiative are required to be successful in this role. An outgoing and proactive approach to communication and problem solving is essential. Excellent written and oral communication skills are necessary as well.
- Sell solar electric systems to both residential and commercial building owners via the phone and internet
- Make a high volume of outbound calls to prospective customers, engaging prospects in a discussion around the benefits of solar
- Act as project manager, developing a collaborative relationship with project and design teams throughout the project life cycle and serve as the primary point of contact with the customer
- Utilize online tools to conduct preliminary system designs for customers, generate project proposals and quotes
- Analyze customers’ current and projected electrical usage and financial return on investment
- Assist with company market expansion activities
- Work closely with other Sales Executives and the Management Team to ensure a best-in-class sales program
- In-home sales experience
- Previous roofing and/or solar industry sales experience, preferably within residential and/or small commercial
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Great people skills, customer service, and telephone skills
- Self-motivated, ambitious, and results-oriented
- Comfortable working within the ambiguity and excitement of a start-up company
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected].