Position: Manager, Business Development
Download job description in .pdf form: here.
The Manager of Business Development is responsible for strategic planning and business development activities for Solar Roof Dynamics. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Manager of Business Development will be a key team member and will significantly contribute to the growth and long term success of the company.
Building from the company’s initial success in California, this individual will be responsible for driving market expansion for the company. The Solar Roof Dynamics team is small and growing quickly, so you will also need to get your hands dirty, take on lots of responsibility, and take the initiative to solve problems creatively. There is significant opportunity for advancement within Solar Roof Dynamics based on your own ability to take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- In partnership with the CEO and other key stakeholders, formulate strategies for the company that support the company’s vision and maximizes short and long term sales and profitability objectives.
- Develop and help execute SRD’s market expansion plans for building a national network of Signature Dealers.
- Systematically identify, qualify, and recruit roofing contractors into our network of partners.
- Travel regionally and nationally, up to 50% (e.g. customer visits, events, meetings, tradeshows, etc.).
- 3+ years of B2B sales, strategic planning and/or business development experience.
- Skilled in analyzing, synthesizing, and presenting data in a well articulated, business-focused way.
- Excellent time management skills including ability to prioritize, multi-task, and handle time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with executives, business partners, leadership teams and peers.
- Solar and/or roofing industry experience.
- Sharp attention to detail, and the desire to deliver premium quality work product.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Self motivated, ambitious, results-oriented.
- Comfortable working within the ambiguity and excitement of a start-up company.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected].
About Solar Roof Dynamics
Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD) boasts one of the most unique business models in the solar industry. As a value-added solar distribution company focused on leveraging the infrastructure of the roofing industry, SRD is carving out its leadership role as the go-to solar solutions provider for roofing contractors nationwide. Based in Davis, California, SRD enables roofing contractors to quickly integrate solar into their business operations, thereby offering homeowners the protection and cost savings of an integrated roof and solar system. For more information, please visit www.SolarRoofDynamics.com.
Solar Roof Dynamics is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.