Position: Solar Project Coordinator
Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD) is seeking a passionate, motivated individual to fill a Solar Project Coordinator role within the company. The Solar Project Coordinator will be responsible for providing support to the company’s network of solar roofing contractors throughout the United States. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Solar Project Coordinator will provide support to the Project Manager and the Operations Team to ensure that the company’s Service Level Agreements are met.
Solar Roof Dynamics boasts one of the most unique business models in the solar industry. As both an originator and a value-added solar distribution company focused on leveraging the infrastructure and built-in lead-flow of the roofing industry, SRD is carving out its leadership role as the go-to solar solutions provider for roofing contractors nationwide. Based in Davis, California, SRD enables roofing contractors to quickly integrate solar into their business operations, thereby offering their customers the protection and cost savings of an integrated roof and solar system. By getting solar installed as an upsell during the roofing process, we are securing alignment between the warranties and product life-cycles of both the roof and the solar system. For more information, please visit www.SolarRoofDynamics.com.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected].
The Solar Project Administrator will provide support to the Project Manager and Operations Team in the following functional areas:
- Process interconnection documents with various utilities
- Process incentive applications for applicable customer projects (NYSERDA, SGIP, etc.)
- Set up online power production monitoring for installed systems (SolarEdge, Enphase, etc.)
- Research and maintain database of all Utility and Incentive requirements for areas served by contractor network
- Provide support to Project Manager in processing material orders:
- BOM creation
- POs to vendors
- Shipment tracking
- Maintain task-specific notes in SRD Portal on a daily basis
- Support Project Management and Operations staff in other capacities as needed
The Solar Project Coordinator will also provide general office assistance in the following areas:
- Answering main incoming phone calls and routing calls
- Assist other departments with administrative tasks as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to balance multiple projects with unique and competing needs simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Proficient computer skills, ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Comfortable in the fast paced and constantly changing environment of a start-up company
- Basic architectural plan reading
- Previous solar industry experience and/or knowledge about solar photovoltaics
- QuickBooks or other financial software experience
- Interest in renewable energy and environmental issues
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Work location is Davis CA 95618
- Local only – no telecommuting available for this position
Solar Roof Dynamics is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, full medical benefits, 401(k) savings plan, paid holidays, vacation time, and continued training and advancement opportunities.