Position: Solar Roofing Sales Executive
Download job description in .pdf form: here.
The Solar Technical Support Professional is responsible for providing technical training and support (both onsite and from the office) to a growing network of solar installation partners at Solar Roof Dynamics. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Operations, the Solar Technical Support Professional will be a key team member and will significantly contribute to the growth and long term success of the company.
This position is ideal for someone aspiring to become the key person responsible for overseeing the company’s engineering and design services, providing technical training and support, and assisting the company’s partners with advanced technical troubleshooting. The Solar Roof Dynamics team is small and growing quickly, so you will need to get your hands dirty, take on lots of responsibility, and take the initiative to solve problems creatively. There is significant opportunity for advancement within Solar Roof Dynamics based on your own ability to take on more responsibility as the company grows.
- Work closely with SRD teammates to ensure accuracy of Bills of Materials for each job
- Lead field trainings and provide technical support to our network of contractor partners for the installation of solar PV systems
- Promote best-in-class installation methodologies with an emphasis on ensuring safe working conditions
- Be the “go to” person for both SRD teammates as well as for installation partners with queries on product engineering and specifications
- Develop expertise in and provide recommendations to SRD’s purchasing team about the company’s preferred product list, including best-in-class modules, inverters, racking, and mounting equipment.
- Interact with building departments in order to address and meet all local permitting requirements
- Travel regionally and nationally, up to 50% (e.g. customer visits, events, meetings, tradeshows, etc.).
- 2-5 years work experience in solar and/or electrical
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- Basic understanding of roofing and roof mounting methods
- Excellent customer service skills in addition to solid verbal and written communication skills
- Efficient at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high volume working environment
- Diligent, organized, and capable of paying attention to detail at a level that prevents oversights in a high volume atmosphere
- Willingness to travel as needed
- High School diploma or completion of GED
- NABCEP and/or RISE certification
- OSHA 10 Certification
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected].
About Solar Roof Dynamics
Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD) boasts one of the most unique business models in the solar industry. As a value-added solar distribution company focused on leveraging the infrastructure of the roofing industry, SRD is carving out its leadership role as the go-to solar solutions provider for roofing contractors nationwide. Based in Davis, California, SRD enables roofing contractors to quickly integrate solar into their business operations, thereby offering homeowners the protection and cost savings of an integrated roof and solar system. For more information, please visit www.SolarRoofDynamics.com.
Solar Roof Dynamics is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.