Position: Solar Designer
Solar Roof Dynamics (SRD) is seeking a passionate, motivated individual to fill a Solar Designer role within the company. The Solar Designer will be responsible for providing top quality residential photovoltaic solar plan sets to the company’s network of solar roofing contractors throughout the United States. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Solar Designer will provide support to the Project Manager and the Operations Team to ensure that the company’s Service Level Agreements are met.
Solar Roof Dynamics boasts one of the most unique business models in the solar industry. As both an originator and a value-added solar distribution company focused on leveraging the infrastructure and built-in lead-flow of the roofing industry, SRD is carving out its leadership role as the go-to solar solutions provider for roofing contractors nationwide. Based in Davis, California, SRD enables roofing contractors to quickly integrate solar into their business operations, thereby offering their customers the protection and cost savings of an integrated roof and solar system. By getting solar installed as an upsell during the roofing process, we are securing alignment between the warranties and product life-cycles of both the roof and the solar system. For more information, please visit www.SolarRoofDynamics.com.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and a resume to [email protected].
- Create complete plan sets of residential and commercial architectural drawings for roof-mounted and ground-mounted solar projects based on site surveys
- Coordinate with outsourced design teams to efficiently produce finished plan sets: submit and track requests, review and make corrections as needed
- Perform conductor and equipment sizing calculations; generate 1-line and 3-line PV electrical designs based on the NEC
- Research and maintain database of all AHJ requirements for areas served by contractor network
- Work with install and field crews as needed to troubleshoot system design issues, create as-builts and assist with answering/managing code compliance issues
- Handle corrections required from building and electrical officials to get project plans approved for building and electrical permits
- Maintain company design policies, templates and procedures
- Maintain project files in a neat and orderly fashion
- Work cohesively and cross-functionally with internal teams to ensure that all jobs are efficiently and effectively completed
- Support Project Management and Operations staff in other capacities as needed
- Must have experience with AutoCAD and be able to produce drawings without additional training
- Must have some solar design or other related solar experience
- Ability to balance multiple projects with unique and competing needs simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong coordination, problem-solving, documentation and data entry skills
- Proficient computer skills, ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Comfortable in the fast paced and constantly changing environment of a start-up company
- Over 2 years of solar design experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Familiarity with working in databases
- Project management experience
- Interest in renewable energy and environmental issues
- Work location is Davis CA 95618
- Local only – no telecommuting available for this position
Solar Roof Dynamics is an equal employment opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary, full medical benefits, 401(k) savings plan, paid holidays, vacation time, and advancement opportunities.